Two posts in a matter of minutes, eh? We’re not keeping this up!
Oh well, thanks very much to the Well-Red Mage for giving us at Stuff and That our first ever “Liebster Award”, something we’ve been hoping for for a while. SpeedySailor is all of us on this website, but me (Reuben) and Milo are the ones who represent it. Us mugs are about as stupid as a dog on rollerskates, but hey, we got the award. The rules for nominees (of which there will be 11) are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
2. Nominate 11 different people and give them 11 questions to answer.
Dat ol’ Mage Gave Us These Questions:
1. DC or Marvel?
Reuben: Marvel. So much good films over DC other than The Dark Knight Trilogy. Also Spider-Man.
Milo: DC, though Marvel put out some great cinematic output.
2. Favourite console?
Reuben: I’d say the 3DS. Although I love the Gamecube and am nostalgic for it, the 3DS has a fantastic games library and has the 3D – which is amazing for games, no question.
Milo: Probably the PS2, for a mix of nostalgia and some absolutely legendary exclusives.
3. Favourite video game?
Reuben: Rayman Origins.
Milo: Though a questionable choice, I’d have to go for Just Cause 2.
4. Favourite character or franchise that needs a comeback?
Reuben: Super Monkey Ball. And a good comeback. Advance Wars is close behind, though. And I would love to see Milo’s choice coming back too.
Milo: Another weird choice, but I’d love to see another Metal Slug game.
5. Favourite film?
Reuben: Probably The Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers, but Return of the King is sometimes my favourite too.
Milo: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, it literally has everything that is amazing.
6. Favourite book?
Reuben: The Adventures of Tintin: Flight 714.
Milo: My favourite graphic novel is The Killing Joke. My favourite normal book is probably Grasshopper Jungle.
7. Favourite non-gaming past-time?
Reuben: Music, films, football, and comics.
Milo: Watching films, listening to music, reading comics and judging people I don’t know.
8. Favourite thing about blogging and your blogging goals?
Reuben: The opportunity it gives me to write what I want about the stuff I love, and I would love to get up to 100 views per day and get that sweet, sweet WordPress dolla dolla.
Milo: It’s a great thing to pour my creativity into. I love being able to write about the things I love and making something pretty cool for people to (hopefully) enjoy. Oh, and that sweet WordPress dolla.
9. Favourite thing you find most inspiring in life?
Reuben: Something amazing that has been man-made and the eternal message of Christianity.
Milo: I get inspired when I watch, hear, read or play something incredible. It makes me want to try and reach something on the same level.
10. What can the Well-Red Mage blog do to improve? (Well-Cheeky Question, Mister Mage. Oh well, we might do the same thing.)
Reuben: A different background colour for the site would be nice, but that’s just my opinion. Also, the 8-bit Review segment of the review doesn’t necessarily need to be there. It’s like a review after a review. Even so, if it’s a feature you want to keep unique to you feel free to keep it.
Milo: Maybe branch out of video games and review movies or books or whatever.
11. What’s a game you think the Well-Red Mage should review?
Reuben: I’d like one of Rayman Legends.
Milo: Psychonauts would be my recommendation.
Our Nominees Are:
1. Khalid Rafi at The Blazing Reel
2. Jason at Jason’s Movie Blog
3. Jamie Wu at Watch Game Read
4. Toby Saunders at Toby Saunders’ Rad Reviews
5. Gareth Rhodes at Gareth Rhodes Film Reviews
7. Jordan And Eddie at The Movie Guys
8. Jo Bradley at Scribbles Of Stage And Screen
9. Robbin (I assume) at Robbin’s Realm
11. Scott Johnson at Raging Film
*Sorry to those of you who have already received nominations.
Our Questions Fo’ Ye:
1. Favourite Movie?
2. Favourite Video Game?
3. Favourite Genre Of Music?
4. Favourite Book?
5. Favourite TV Show?
6. Favourite Band?
7. DC or Marvel?
8. Console of Choice?
9. Favourite Thing About Stuff And That? (To boost our egos)
10. Least Favourite Thing About Stuff And That? (To humble us after)
11. Why Did You Start Blogging?
I (Milo) would once again like to thank the Well-Red Mage for nominating us, that was pretty dank, and, to those we nominated, don’t mess this up, dinguses, and carry on being awesome.
I, as Reuben, am pretty proud of this lil’ nomination. Thanks for liking our crap, and without further adieu, see ya.
Bringing redundant opinions for scrollers everywhere,
Lots of hugs, kisses and lacerations